Cleaning and Care Guidelines
Keeping jewelry in good condition is relatively easy but does require a little bit of work. Please use the following as a guideline and feel free to email customer support if you have any questions:
- Remove all jewelry whether gold or sterling silver when you plan on bathing, swimming, getting into a hot tub, washing dishes, or other activities where your hands will have prolonged contact with water. Water contains chlorine which will corrode metals, causing tarnishing or discoloration. Ocean water contains salt which can also damage the metals.
- Remove all jewelry when you will be doing heavy work with your hands, i.e weight lifting or gardening. This will help prevent scratches or bends.
- Try to limit the amount of chemicals you use while wearing your jewelry. Colognes, perfumes, soaps, and creams all have the potential to react with your metal.
- All jewelry will need occasional cleaning local jewelry stores carry a wide range of products.
- Once a year we are happy to clean and polish all items purchased from us. All we ask is for you to cover the shipping charges. Please contact customer support for more details.
When not being worn store your jewelry in a cool, dry environment. We send all our items in ring boxes that work well for storage.
Sterling Silver jewelry will tarnish. There is nothing you can do to prevent it but it is very easy to clean. We recommend polishing cloths. You can purchase one directly from us here: Polishing Cloth or at your local jewelry store.